Your First Weeks - Faculty
Getting Started in Your Role
As you settle in to your new environment, feel free to continue to explore HCC, its libraries, museums, and Centers of Excellence. Your comfort level will increase each day as you meet more people, gain familiarity with your new surroundings, and begin leading your classes.
Just-In-Time Orientation (JITO) is a set of professional development resources designed to help faculty to quickly become acclimated to HCC, offering an overview of policies and procedures, and teaching resources that are critical to effective service both administratively and in the classroom during your first weeks at HCC.
Talent Engagement Orientation Resources
Schedule, Job Duties, & Expectations
- Debrief with department chair after attending initial meetings and trainings.
- Plan and teach/lead your assigned classes.
- Ask for additional contextual information about the department and organization to increase your understanding of its purpose, value add to HCC, goals, and initiatives.
- Request time to go over the performance expectations in your department.
- Review the process related to your probationary period.
- Plan lunch with a co-worker, or visit a place on campus you’d like to see.
- Continue to complete your tasks on the Orientation Checklist.
- Continue job essential training.
- Locate and review issues and policies essential to your position.
Get Connected & Trained
Instructional Orientation Resources
Just-In-Time for Faculty