Your First Weeks - Administrators/Staff
Getting Started in Your Role
As you settle in to your new environment, feel free to continue to explore HCC, its libraries, museums, and Centers of Excellence. Your comfort level will increase each day as you meet more people, gain familiarity with your new surroundings, and begin your work projects.
Talent Engagement Orientation Resources
Schedule, Job Duties, and Expectations
- Debrief with manager after attending initial meetings and trainings.
- Begin work on first assignment.
- Ask for additional contextual information about the department and organization to increase your understanding of its purpose, value add to HCC, goals, and initiatives.
- Request time with your supervisor to go over the performance review and goal-setting processes in your department.
- Review the process related to your probationary period.
- Plan lunch with a co-worker, or visit a place on campus you’d like to see.
- Continue to complete your tasks on the Orientation Checklist.
- Begin job essential training.
- Locate and review policies essential to your position.
Technology Access and Related
- Ask about any additional permissions required.
Get Connected & Trained